Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Love of my Life

I was sitting at work, like most days, and I get a call from Scott:

"...Ok, I Love you too. Bye"

After I placed the phone back on the receiver I got an amazing feeling that swept through my body. You know, the kind that seems to take your breathe away for a moment and to recover you need to take another deep breath. Scott and I call that "having a moment." The one where you realize that life is wonderful because you are married to your best friend in the whole world. It's like shoving your dating days and wedding day into one fleeting moment. Scott and I have never let a day go by without saying we love each other, calling each other during the day when we're apart, or giving each other a kiss.

I was thinking about some of the great things I love about Scott.



Scott loves to surprise me, and he has always done a flawless job of it. He gets so excited when he's accomplished his feat and loves to react to my reaction. (as shown above) We were celebrating his birthday once and it turned into a "let's pamper Shawna instead" birthday.

Scott loves to be silly sometimes, and we always laugh our heads off. Sometimes I think we get a little too silly. One night we were up eating Oreos and I made a stupid remark that got me roaring into that "it's really late" laughter. We laughed so flipp'n hard that Scott actually shot milk through his nose, which got us rolling even more.



Scott loves his brothers. He loves to be with them, hang out with them, give advice, get advice, and he loves that he's the tallest. I love that he's the tallest, it has really come in handy! (that in itself is a whole other subject for another day.) He really admires and loves his family!

Scott loves to do his research (and fold his legs) He spent one afternoon trying to find the perfect rotary saw for our new counter tops. His diligence, and aptitude for the right questions got him exactly what he WANTED. This goes for every aspect of his life. He doesn't make a move until he's got all his facts straight, and all the right information. He's a very smart guy!



Scott is very open about the things that make him truly happy. Scott loves "eyegasms", as he calls them. We all know that he loves to talk about pooh, and we all know that he has a really hard time not saying something about how fantastic his gas is (not the kind he puts in his truck) And what's so weird is that Scott wouldn't be Scott without all these things.

I'm so very thankful and blessed to have Scott in my life. I know I couldn't survive without him. He knows what makes me happy, he knows what needs to be done, and yes, there are times where he says, "I can't read your mind, will you just tell me what you need me to do.' And then he does it, and continues to do it until I tell him other wise. (man is he whipped) And when we finally have children (blessed be the day) he will become an amazing father as well. Scott, I LOVE YOU!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better then your dreams. -Dr. Seuss






5 comments:

  1. I've got one to add... I like that I can be completely and brutally honest with Scott and he doesn't get offended.

    Scott really is a great guy! And you two make a great couple. You’ve got a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute! It comes in handy because he is the tallest of us or that he's tall? I have to know this. 'Cause I can do anything he can do! I want that other story! J/K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE a lucky one. Scott is one of my very favorite people. I love how much he loves you. The two of you are such great examples (and, at times, therapists) to us.

    LOVE that quote. I'll have to steal it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

    I guess we're all being mushy here... I think Scott is
    so...
    freakin...
    awesome!!!!

    He's funny, artistic, a great friend, and I have always thought you two were perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawna,
    Hey I know you don't know me but I am a friend of Kims and I just love to read your blog. Your write so well and make your blog so fun to read.
    Kim and I have been friends for a long time and she has often talked about how awesome you are a what a great sister in law you are.
    so when you see that someone from salt lake looks at your blog on a regular basis that would be me. I love to blog surf and often do it too much. Thanks for being so interesting to read.
    kendi

    ReplyDelete