Well, this year has, like most years once you're an adult, flew by!!! I might be a little premature in writing this blog, but this topic has been on my mind. I was writing in my journal yesterday and thought it might be fun to do a review of my year. So many interesting things have happened both good and bad, I thought I might share.
In January I made up to 400 rolls and sold them to a lady who needed them for a banquet she was in charge of. I sold two other batches later that same month. (maybe I should open a bakery.)
Scott and I attended our first Valentines dance since being married. We really ripped up the floor.
Attended a funeral that was held for my sister-in-laws mother. My thoughts are still with you Kristen!
Made homemade chocolates for the first time. Truffles, nugget, and mints.
Celebrated Scott's birthday snowmobiling and spent the night at a bed and breakfast.
Taught myself and almost perfected Russian punch needle.
Did not win the "Harmon's biggest looser" contest.
Attended my first LDS expo.
Bought a house.
Remodeled our house.
Didn't sale my hand made jewelry on e-bay.
Met Sherrie Dew.
Attended the Endowment session and Sealing ceremony for Douglas Schwartz.
Helped my parents landscape their yard.
Had not one, but two families live with us this year.
Only ovulated 4 times this year.
Never got pregnant.
Moved 4 families.
Took a youth group to the Ludlow's cabin up in Midway, UT.
Found out our best friends are having their second child!
Went to Raging Waters for my company party.
Went to Lagoon the next day with my Aunt and her family.
My Dr. put me on a load of hormone elevating medications.
Attended the I-Max premiere of Superman Returns.
Vacationed in Oregon for a week.
Attended Michael and Megan's stake play titled, "Saul".
Started this blog.
Participated in a Polynesian dance festival.
received the means to help start our family.
Attended our first ever parade of homes.
Had my first "cap" placed on one of my back molars.
Celebrated my 7th wedding anniversary.
Did not attend my 10 yr. High school reunion.
Did not go camping for the FIRST TIME in my life!!
Got Shingles.
Attended my first BYU game in over 7 years.
My sister got engaged.
Attended my first ever marathon and was inspired.
Wasn't inspired enough to loose my goal of 20 lbs.
Brett and Mindy moved back to Utah. Yeah!
Found out Ty and Kim are having a BOY!
Had a painful procedure done without an anesthetic.
Surprised my parents with a romantic get-a-way.
Michael and Danielle had their 4th child. Congratulations!
Spencer and Rheina got engaged.
Did not start my home salon.
Kelly and Andrew visited Utah 4 times this year.
Scott and I started a membership at a local gym.
On Dec. 29th my sister is getting married.
Kept a pretty good journal this year.
I hope you all have had a good year. It's been fun going back and reading about all the things that happened this year. With 2007 coming I hope to check off the things I wasn't able to do this year. Like they always say, "there's always next year." And boy does it come fast!
Thursday, November 30, 2006
My Year In Review
Posted by
Shawna
at
8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! My first question was going to be "How did you remember all those things!?" And it was answered at the end of your blog. I can see how important keeping a journal is - I'm proud of you! Very full year and so many good things. Seeing all that reminds me how talented, fun, and creative you are!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy and fun year! This blog IS my journal (I know, pathetic), so I'd never remember all the things that filled our year.
ReplyDeleteI'm anxious to hear how the getaway for your parents went (this weekend, right?). I'll give you a call or email to find out.
Wow! What a year. It sounds like you guys accomplished a lot and did a lot of great things.
ReplyDeleteI really need to start keeping a better journal. I have one, but I rarely write in it.
I want to see your handmade jewelry. I bet it's pretty. :)
What a great way to remember everything. You must be a great journal writer. GOOD FOR YOU!
ReplyDelete