Friday, November 10, 2006

Moonlight Madness

I'm obsessed! Every 6 months at Gardner Village they have their Moonlight madness event. I never have a lot of money to spend, and most the things I love there is way too expensive, but I love it!!!!
About two years ago I started attending this grand event. I invited my mom and sister and since then it's become a tradition. Our men like it enough that they even join us. We start out with a nice dinner at Archibalds and then the rest of the night is spent wandering in the village through the different shops hoping to win door prizes and getting good deals on fun new decorations for our homes. We often make our last stop at the Village sweet shop for a nice big caramel apple and other old fashioned goodies. The ambiance of the village is spectacular as well. During their summer midnight madness they had a Hawaiian themed event and we sat out side and ate chicken pineapple sandwiches all while watching hula dancers. I'm telln' ya, it's fun. This year they are having wandering carolers, carriage rides, and free hot cider.
Since we've attended I've won some nice looking fabric, a serving dish, 75% off coupons for anything in store, candle sticks, and a free massage at their spa cottage. So, I may not have a lot of money during this event to spend, but I end up going home with a lot of nifty free things, and yes, some of them I also paid for, but at a really low price!
This year this event is happening on the 18th. For the past couple of days, knowing this event is coming, has gotten me through my days. Kinda pathetic huh? This year my sister and her soon to be husband will be joining us.
It's funny how these little events in life help bring happiness. So if you notice a bit more spunk in my step around June and November, you now know why!

www.gardnervillage.com

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'll have to check that out sometime. I love shopping for my house even when I don't have money to spend! Let me know what treasures you find this time.

    ReplyDelete