So, last night we are out to dinner with some friends. We have a great table, secluded and with no one else around. Our friends let their boys run free for a while. All is well until we hear little Michael call out, "Daddy, Timmy's licking all the ketchup bottles." And sure enough, there over on the corner table stood Timmy amongst a sea of ketchup bottles (which he had collected off all the nearby tables) licking away as drool trickled down his front. It was Awesome! Moments Scott and I love to chuckle over. We watch to see how our friends react to this situation. As so many other times in the past, we observe, take notes, and hope to gain some knowledge from the mishaps, sticky situations, or just good times we see all you parents have with your boys and girls!
I bring this up because over the course of the last two weeks we have been getting calls of the good news that, "We're having a boy." or "We're having a girl.", "Can you believe, it's twins" (we haven't really heard that one yet, but it was fun to throw in anyway.)
Currently we know about 8 close couples who are expecting. Some, days apart, some due this month, and some due in the spring. It's a wonderful thing, and we're so glad that we can be apart to observe and wonder.
Our friends, who we went out to dinner with last night, just called this afternoon to announce they're having their first girl, after having their two boys!! We also received the same great news when we heard that Scott's brother and his wife are expecting their first boy, after having two girls. Our other dear friends are having another girl, after having one. Is there a trend going on this year? Maybe their next child will be a boy.
I just wanted to take a moment and just express how happy I am to all of you who are expecting. It's been fun to get your calls of excitement as you tell us of your good news. Thanks for sharing and letting us be apart of all your great and wonderful families. Scott and I feel very blessed!
Friday, November 03, 2006
Congratulations!
Posted by
Shawna
at
3:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You amaze me. I know a number of people who struggle with fertility, and I have to say that you are the ONLY one that I have NEVER seen act bitter or unhappy. I know you must have your moments in private when it gets to you. You're certainly allowed to be sad and even angry at times. But I want you to know what it means to us when you are so happy for us. It truly amazes me.
ReplyDeleteAnd if there's a next time for us, I want you to know that you can cry or be mad at me, and it will be okay with me. Love you!
I completely agree with what "The Woman" said. You and Scott are amazing. I so admire your positive attitude.
ReplyDeleteOur kids are so lucky to have you as their aunt and uncle!
You sweet girl - we all love you so much!
ReplyDelete:) You rock, and I love you, my friend.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is diddo because girls say it better, but love you sis.
ReplyDelete