I hear the songs, of autumn singing,The wind, it hurries through the trees.
The air is getting crisper daily,
A chilly nip, is in the breeze.
The katydids, in raspy chorus,
and crickets too, join in the song.
Reminder that, there comes upon us,
another season, won't be long.
The birds now gather, for their journey,
they gossip loudly, as they fly.
Their destination, still uncertain,
just heading south, to warmer skies.
And even butterflies, are going,
their darting seems, to have no plan.
But if we study them, more closely,
they're headed south, to warmer land.
The forest dressed, in all its splendor,
intoxicating, views abound.
All up and down, our lovely valley,
and mountain sides, of country towns.
The leaves are searching, for a new home,
they flutter down, on wings of gold.
The trees they left, are looking lonesome.
abandoned soon, to winters cold.
The pumpkins waiting, for the kitchen,
with shocks of corn, in fields once green.
The season soon, will call together,
our friends and kin, so long unseen.
Boots and mittens, make their showing,
with Christmas things, on shelves in stores.
Lawn mowers now, go on vacation,
snow shovels soon, prepare for chores.
There seems to be, a certain sadness,
another year, has come and gone.
The next one waits, around the corner,
adventures new, and memories born.
~ Unknown
Autumn is here!(it starts at exactly 10:03 p.m.) My favorite season! I love the crisp fall evenings, the beautiful colors, the smell of wood burning, football games, memories of hunting with my Dad, and the harvest from our gardens! This time of year also welcomes in all our favorite holidays. I hope you all get to enjoy this beautiful time of year!

How I love autumn too! It was my mom's favorite season and has been tied with Spring for me the last couple of years. Though I do have to admit that while Spring brings back bees, Fall kills them off....I think I've found a winner! AWESOME colored text...how did you do that???
ReplyDeleteBy the way, how did Shott's appointment go?
If it wasn't our favorite season before (but it was), it would be after seeing your blog!
ReplyDeleteI started out reading that great poem, and with each new verse growing ever jealous that so many people I know have the ability to write such great poetry because, well, I suck at it.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see that it wasn't you after all. :)
Although I seem to remember an earlier post with your own poetry that really was great. How do you guys do that? Seriously, I have tried before, and my mind is like completely blank.
No creativity here. None.
I love Autumn. I love the colors, the smells, the weather... this is a great time of year.
ReplyDeleteI love fall, too. (To be completely honest, I love every new season.) Unfortunately, no fall to speak of here! There’s just hot, and less hot. I've been missing the fall colors so I appreciate the gorgeous pic. Thanks!
ReplyDelete