Friday, September 29, 2006

The package that came from an Angel


Yesterday was like any other ordinary day. Stopped off at the dr's, slipped into work at 9:00 a.m., took off for home at 5:00 p.m., stopped and picked up the mail, started dinner, and put in a load of laundry....WAIT, back up a little. reeeeeeeeeeeee (my rewind noise) Ok, STOP!, there, at the part where I pick up the mail. This part was the NOT ordinary part of my day.
Background on the mail: We are the only cul de sac in our neighborhood, or street for that matter, that doesn't have mailboxes outside our home. We have a nice little community mail box right on the corner of our street. I love this set up, which I'm sure most of you are used to, it helps out with the whole "identity fraud" situation. Anyhow, next to the conglomeration of mailboxes there are two larger mail boxes designed to hold larger packages. If a key is left in your personal mailbox, this means you have received a package.
This such thing happened to me. There in my small, personal mailbox lay a "package key". Great, did Scott order something from e-bay and not tell me, did I order something and forgot. These were the thoughts running through my mind. Then I thought, this must be a mistake, the mailman must have put this in the wrong box. We never get packages unless it's a birthday, or a holiday. These thoughts were all going through my mind, all before I even had the chance to open the other mail box. With the key in my hand I proceeded to open the "package box".
The package was larger then I expected. I pulled it out and there on the front it read, "To: Shawna Harmon". Well all be darn! It was for me, and when I read who it was from I actually got tears in my eyes! I had no idea what could be inside, but I knew it would be special!
When I finally got inside, I ripped the package open, all while crying of course, and found a very sweet, very personal array of goodies and remedies! The Angel who had sent me this package had put in a lot of time and thought. It was the nicest thing I have had done for me in a while. It was a package full of love and I was very grateful and touched!
The contents of the package was full of remedies and comforts to help combat my blasted shingles. Later that night I used my new bath pillow and soaked in a warm bath that consisted of a combination of colloidal oatmeal, and lavender all while savoring a box of " Junior mints."

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, and everyone who reads it will wish they were the angel that sent the package! Don't you just love people who think of others like that?! Makes me feel selfish and self-absorbsed not to have done it. I think I'll try to be someone's angel this month. It's a "pay it forward" sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very sweet. You deserve to have people looking out for you and taking care of you. Sometimes it's hard to take care of ourselves when life gets in the way. Glad to hear you took some time to just relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was watching "Scrubs" and they used the term "nervous poo!" Get out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love that Scubs, there so intune! he he

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:07 PM

    That was so nice of someone! =) It really is a good reminder to think of others. I hope you are feeling better Shaw-na-na my friend.

    ReplyDelete