We started out our first weekend celebrating our 9th anniversary. Scott knows me well and he knows exactly what I need and when I need it. So this year, like last, we spent it outdoors 4 wheeln'. This time we stayed in a Yurt. (Next year we're planning a trip to Hawaii - I told you, he knows exactly what I need when I need it!)
Here I am following the directions on the GPS. We're looking for
our first Geocache.

Scott found a coupon to a local car wash in one of the geocache's we found.
Scott was bummed when he found out the car wash had expired in Dec. 2006
Playing cards in the Yurt.
The second weekend was spent attending Youth Conference. This year we went and did some service at the Humanitarian Center all Friday. We took a really cool tour of the facility (The church really has it togther when it comes to humanitarian stuff, what am I saying, they ALWAYS have it together!) We had a really yummy lunch, and then we made newborn beanies. We made over 300 beanies. From there we rewarded the kids with an overnighter up in the Uintas at Washington Lake. We stayed up till 2:30 am playing night games. It really was a ton of fun!
My beautiful Young Women
And our handsome Young Men
Putting together the newborn beanies
Play time!
Getting crazy with the smores.
This is Jon, our resident fireman and Young Men's President.
I love these ladies. As you can see there really wasn't a lot of fishing.
The whole group
Our third weekend in a row to be in the Uintas. If you have never been you need to try out the beauty that exsists in the Unitas. Most of my childhood was camping in these mountains. Anyway, we loved our stay in the Yurt so much that for Labor Day weekend we decided to take my parents up there. We did some more 4 wheeln', some fly fishn', and some major relaxing. We really did have a great time. I really missed having my sister's and their husbands with us though. Me and Ma in front of the Yurt at Lily Lake.
Cant' go without the chapstick!
Letting the frog go that we caught
Scott enjoying some fly fishing
The inside of the Yurt. (The bunks are where the camera is)
We loved the stove. It kept us toasty warm when it started to snow....
....that's right, it snowed. We loved it. We had a great time.

Cant' go without the chapstick!
Letting the frog go that we caught
Scott enjoying some fly fishing
The inside of the Yurt. (The bunks are where the camera is)
We loved the stove. It kept us toasty warm when it started to snow....
....that's right, it snowed. We loved it. We had a great time.

And that's been my last three weekends. Next weekend we're hiking Timp! That's right baby, all the way to the top!

That's right baby...Timp here we come! I can't wait :) I just have one question.....what the @$#* is a Yurt and where does one find such a thing??
ReplyDeletewow..i just have to say your life is definitely never dull!! Yea so how exactly do you go about renting a yurt. That sounds way better then a tent!!! and much warmer.
ReplyDeleteI look at those pictures of you and mom and scott and it I get soooooooo homesick!!! I cried! I just love you shawna! It looks like you had so much fun at all of those camping trips. You are such a good example to me. I love you so much!
ReplyDeleteOh there's Dad! I didn't see dad in that picture before i wrote that last comment:). Hee hee
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun anniversary! I really wish we could have done something like that for our anniversary. We just celebrated our 13th. We had a nice weekend together, but nothing as fun as your trip. You guys know how to party! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are always having a great time! Have fun hiking Timp:)
ReplyDeleteThat looks like SO! MUCH! FUN! I love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteLittle miss adventure Shawna! sheesh, I think you guys should buy a yurt and put it in your back yard
ReplyDeleteFlip you have a FUN life....Have fun CLIMBING ;)
ReplyDeleteHey Shawna,
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you remember me from High School, Andrea Bateman. Anyway, found your blog recently through Jason Findlay's blog and your latest post caught me really funny, that car wash you found is from my dad's car wash/lube business. What are the odds?! Anyway, thought it was funny! Want a new one... I can hook you up! :) I hope life is treating you great!
Go yurt! (that sounds so backward)
ReplyDeleteIt was so awesome running into you at the fair! How do I get my hair to look like yours? Product? Perm? Hot rollers? Whatever it takes, I'm super interested.
I'll shout from the rooftops for you guys. I need to do some more fasting anyway.
We'll invite you over soon.
Poo! I miss you so freakin much! I Love the pics!!!! i got really teary eyed when I saw you, scott, ma and pa all together I really wish that I could have been there to enjoy the snow too! but I am so glad that you have had such a fun three weekends! The pics are just so great! take lots on your hiking trip...and tell Camille Hello for me...if she remembers me that is! ha ha. Well I love your beautiful face! tell scott he's not bad either! love you!!!!
ReplyDelete