On Sunday I got a call from my mom letting me know that my grandpa was in the hospital and that he was dying. We jumped in the car and headed down to the Payson hospital. I was pretty quiet on the way down, reflecting on what was happening and the changes that were to come. I remember it was raining and it was beautiful. We were about 5 minutes from the hospital when the hymn, “Each life that touches ours for good” came on. I thought of my grandpa and all the great memories we’ve had. He was my hunting buddy, my fourwheeln’ buddy, and he loved to come out and camp with us. Whenever you would go and visit grandma and grandpa Sanderson you always knew grandpa would offer you ice cream or cake. And if you didn’t want any you’d get a bowl full of it anyway. As I was listening to the song I also had a feeling of peace, grandpa had passed and I knew my brother, along with other loved ones, were there to greet him on the other side. The phone rang bringing me back to reality. “Shawna, grandpa just passed away.” We walked into the hospital and said our goodbyes. I Love you Grandpa! We are really going to miss you.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Grandpa Pug
Posted by
Shawna
at
10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Shawna- I am sorry to hear that! Are you doing ok? Do you need anything? We are here for you if you need anything!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your G-pa. Hope you are doing ok, let us know if you need anything....please.
ReplyDeleteOh, so sorry to hear about your grandpa! Please let us know if there is anything you need!
ReplyDeleteShawna,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear your Grandpa Sanderson passed. I remember meeting him a couple times when we were kids.
It sounds like you had a pretty special experience on your way to see him.
You and your family are in my thoughts. I love you!