Monday, January 08, 2007

Resolutions


So it's 2007. Actually it's 8 days into the new year. This is the time that everyone decides to change something about themselves, get rid of an annoying habit, or do something new and different. I've been making resolutions for as long as I can remember and the easier the goal, the more likely I am to accomplish it. One of my goals for last year was to keep a journal. No prob, did that, and I have reaped the rewards. My other goal was to loose weight. Too hard, no way, didn't drop a pound! I guess this resolution stuff is all in the head.
So this year, instead of making my New Years Resolutions, I'm not making any at all. This year is the year for me to succeed! It's all in the head guys! If there are no expectations then at the end of the year there won't be any disappointments, there won't be any deep depression to go through, there won't be another new year where I sit down and reflect over the things I never accomplished or tried, or goals that I didn't reach.
I'm hoping that if I don't obsess over it, I'll actually conquer it! So wish me luck on the whole "not making a resolution this year" and we'll see what this year will bring!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the slideshow. It looks like the wedding was wonderful. Wish we could have been there. How long were Kelly and Andrew in town?

    I love even more the fact that you made the same decision I did this year. NO RESOLUTIONS!!! Actually, I do have a couple in mind, but there was no official writing them down or anything. And that's no different than any other time of the year. I always have things I want to improve on.

    So good luck to you in being a complete success this year in everything and nothing that you strive for!

    P.S. I'm with you ... death to the "lose weight" goal. I swear, I don't know a single woman in the world that doesn't have that on her list of crappy resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it! I still make goals and I'll break them just as surely as I'll make them. But hope springs eternal, you know! You are wise to be realistic.

    ReplyDelete