Monday, October 30, 2006

Our Halloween Happenings

It all started out with our adventure up at "This is the place" state park. During the Halloween season they put on "Haunted Deseret", or "Sleepy Hollow." Last year we did "Haunted Deseret", which takes you to various pioneer homes in the park and they tell you the story behind the haunted house. We got to see the lady in the window, and hear the child who still moans for her mother. This year we participated, with the Millers in "Sleepy Hollow." An interactive play where you become a part of the village. We followed Ichabod Crane and his fellow towns people to the dance hall where we celebrated "All Hallows eve." They told the story of the headless horseman. Ichabod, who didn't believe this tale set off on his own to find out if it was true. We got to follow!To Ichabod's dismay, he was chased off by the headless horseman, and never to be seen again!! The headless horse man was a real treat and if it hadn't of been too dark, we would have loved to have taken a picture. We saw him galloping through the hollow toward Ichabod. It was great fun. It snowed while we were up there, but it really set the mood!
Over the weekend we had our annual pumpkin carving party. We invited some couples from our last ward over. We all carved pumpkins while the kids played.

We really had a great time, and everyone left with there bellies full of spiced cider, good food, and a carved pumpkin ready for Halloween night!

Tomorrow is Halloween and we are having a costume contest at work. Do you think I'll win?

Happy Halloween everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Man, I wish we were as fun as YOU two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna, you're getting better-looking all the time! Sounds like you had a terrific time! You're smart to make the most of every occasion - I LOVE that you do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How'd you do in the contest? I'll bet no one even had a clue who you were. That's a fabulous make-up job! Your party sounds like a ton of fun. Great idea.

    We had a great night. My dad came into town and delivered a piano for our front room. I'm SO excited. The Man is not. It's the piano I had growing up, and I'm hoping the girls will be interested in playing.

    We started to get dressed up to go trick-or-treating, and Miss Priss decided she had had enough of the pirate costume, so she ended up being Sleeping Beauty (her costume from last year) just for tonight. Devil Child was then, of course, screaming and crying to be a princess, but I had nothing for her. So we had one princess and one crying pirate. Super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A piano! Scott and I would LOVE to have a piano! Sounds like you had your arms full on halloween. And Ty, thanks for making a comment, I think it's the first one I've ever had from you! I won the contest by the way! It was no contest!

    ReplyDelete