Monday, August 14, 2006

Our Random Weekend

So, are weekend started out with us coming home to no dog greeting us at the door. Let's go back a couple of days: Earlier in the week Scott and I had left some garbage down in the basement. We had used the Albertson's grocery bag as a small garbage. Inside was wrappers from some cheetos, a candy bar, and some other great stuff. During the whole week Sam hadn't touched the sack. Proof of how great our obedience training had been. Wrong!
When Sam didn't greet us at the door Scott went down stairs to find Sam whimpering in the deepest, darkest corner of the basement. She was totally wrapped up in the Albertson's grocery bag and there were wrappers strewn all around the room. She knew she was in trouble and she couldn't hide the evidence. We laughed so hard we couldn't even get mad. Instead, as punishment, we made her go upstairs and walk around the yard for a while with the bag on. It was Hilarious!!
So, there's this urban legend going around about Mentos and Diet Coke. We've been told that if you strategically place mentos in a bottle of diet coke you get this awesome geyser that shoots from the top of the bottle. Friday night we went to the store, picked up a few liters of Diet Coke and some Mentos. Here's proof that it works! We had fun. On Sunday we were watching Myth Busters on the Discovery channel (one of our favorite shows) and they tested this same "urban legend" It was awesome. If you want to know the secret, you'll have to go to the Discovery Channel web site. And it ONLY works with Diet Coke and mint Mentos. Have fun!
Since we haven't been able to get out and do some serious camping this summer we thought we would do some here in our back yard. Right as we put up the tent and settled in for the night we got hit with a huge thunder and lighting storm. It was awesome!!!! And we made it through the night. Of course Scott had the fan and the lap top with him to keep his mind off the storm.

Saturday, we were putting our base boards in and we could hear some racket going on outside. We put the hammer and nails down and opened up the door to a huge hail storm. It rained and hailed on and off for almost two hours. Here's pictures of some of the hail that came down over the course of two hours.



Scott playing in the hail storm

5 comments:

  1. That Sam is too funny. Every once in awhile the kids say they miss him. :) I can't believe the size of that hail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun, hilarious, and exciting weekend. I love that show on the Discovery channel - Myth busters. That hail is awesome. I can't believe how huge it is. Sam is so cute! haha Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:01 AM

    I think my face is going to hurt from smiling so much while reading your last two posts- Hunter? Fisher? Are you serious?! That's awesome. And as for the Albertson's bag on Sam, I could look at that all day. So cool.

    Do you love that you can go camping in YOUR backyard? That still trips me out, but it is so great. The house looked wonderful on Sunday and I will have to keep Glenn from drooling too much about Shott's new toy :).

    Last thing- that hail was huge! I can envision Shott picturing himself in one of his war video games as he gets showered by those things. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry, I called Sam "him." My apologies to HER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this proves that you are the funnest couple we know. Camping in your own backyard. You rock. Everyone always talks about doing stuff like that, but you are the only ones I know that actually do it. And a thunder and lightning storm to top it all off? How fun!!!

    That hail is awesome! Hope it didn't dent any cars or anything!

    We miss Sam, too! She is so funny. Just wish I could have been a fly on the wall when she was there alone with her bag of "goodies" to play with. I can just imagine what she looked like getting all tangled up in a trash bag. Classic.

    ReplyDelete