Tuesday, Rheina called me up and asked if we were interested in going to a Bee's baseball game. She had four tickets and wanted to share. Scott HATES baseball and I love it and since we rarely ever go I said yes. All Wednesday I was looking forward to the game, something fun and different to do. Scott on the other hand was in a bad mood. We were determined to make that all change for him when we got to the game (plus it was "Hotdog Wednesday" all hotdogs a buck!) A buck for a hotdog, Scott WAS going to like it!
Here we are after we had our hotdogs, I told you Scott was going to cheer up!
This guy desperately wanted a fly-ball. He had his mitt on his left hand and his huge fishing net in the right hand. Every time someone got up to bat, he had a hold of his net and mitt. He actually got a ball. His hard work finally paid off.
This guy played for the Colorado Sky Sox's. He was so cocky that he hardly ever had his mitt on. He would just walk around 1st base holding his glove. His coolness finally shone through when he missed a catch during the last inning. What a dork!
Here we are with the "BEE"
Scott and Spencer were so determined to finish off all the sunflower seeds before the end of the game. Yippy, they did it!

Sounds like fun! Summer's coming to an end and you've got to get these things in! Good for you! A couple of years ago we were invited to a Jazz game. I didn't want to go - I don't like watching sports of any kind. But when we got there, we had a ball! The game was a small part of the activity - there's so much going on around you! I'd go again in a minute!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a "ball!" (I know, I know, that's such a lame pun, but I couldn't resist.) I can't believe the guy with the net. He really gets into it, huh?
ReplyDeleteYay for $1 hotdogs - awesome!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! It looks like a great time.
How fun! It's good to at least see a picture of Spencer and Rheina. It's been forever since we've seen them. Tell them we say hello next time you get together.
ReplyDeleteScawna-
ReplyDeleteI have been off the internet rounds for over a week, so I was very excited to come to your site. Funny thing is, I couldn't just read the latest post, I had to read the past three. I love it. Thanks for posting all the pics too- maybe when we are past our lame dial-up, I can follow your lead on that one. Love what you did for your anniversary- that quote about being an adult is SO spot on. Funny how some time with your best friend really can make for an awesome day- even when it is spent getting car repairs. You two are awesome to make the best of it.