Around this time of year, I get a little anxious.
Shott has always had this Knack for making anniversary's, birthday's, holiday's, and some everyday's special. With our seventh wedding anniversary approaching this weekend, I'm a little on edge.
"What great idea does he have up his sleeve this time."
As a tribute to Shott and all the great things he done for me over the years. I want to share a few of my fondest memories:
- During our third month of marriage I came home to the tent up in our living room. We cooked hot dogs over the grill and roasted smore's over a candle.
- After school one night I came out to find my car decorated with confetti and roses. Inside was a personalized card telling me to "hurry home". I hurried home so fast I ran a red light. (This was the first and last time I've received a ticket.)
- Our Bahama trip was Shott's idea. He surprised me with the idea, and then planned everything.
- On Valentine's day one year, Shott sent an acapella group to sing to me along with a bouquet of flowers.
- During one paticular bad day Shott sent me a season of "Friends" to cheer me up. He spent the night watching the whole season with me.
- The day I graduated from College, I came out to find my car covered with the biggest card I have ever seen. It was almost as long as the car. Inside it read, "Congratulations on your BIG day, Here's to our BIG future. Your BIG gift to recognize this BIG day is in the BIG trunk of your car. Love, your BIG husband. Come home and I'll give you a BIG kiss." In the trunk was a beautifully wrapped gift from which, after it was un-wrapped, revealed my Cannon digital camera.
- On our fifth wedding anniversary, Shott made me his first music video montage. He also surprised me with plane tickets to California.
- I love Jack Johnson. On our sixth wedding anniversary Shott surprised me with tickets to see Jack Johnson perform at the Gorge amphitheater in Washington.
- This last winter Shott surprised me with a snowmobile trip up to Hardware Ranch to see the Elk. Later we spent the night at the beautiful Alaskan Inn with a complimentary spa basket that to my surprise, Shott had put together.
- Yesterday I came home to my Kitchen totally (totally meaning: All cupboards closed, all countertops washed off, and every little dish put back exactly where it goes) clean and laundry in the washer.
They say that the traditional anniversary gift for your seventh year is either Copper or Wool. Whatever the plan is for the weekend, it will sure beat out pennies and coats! Thanks babe for making EVERYTHING special!!
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Copper or Wool
Posted by
Shawna
at
12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, what a catch! I must admit, these guys sure didn't miss out when it came time to pass out the romance.
ReplyDeleteHappy early anniversary. Can't wait to hear what you guys do to celebrate!
You can all get your minds out of the gutter now. THAT'S not what I meant. I meant what ELSE they do to celebrate. Geez!
ReplyDeleteAll men should aspire to be like that. You landed yourself an eternal keeper, THAT is for sure.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary (soon) you guys!!! I'm rootin' for the copper... wool is itchy.
You girls can thank your father-in-law for being a super expample to his sons. Tom has always enjoyed surprising me on special and even not-so-special occasions throughout our 39 years together. And our anniversary today was no exception! Pretty lucky, aren't we?!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, I'm a little jealous. How romantic!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your next post and hear about the big day. Congratulations!
Have you heard Jack Johnson's "Curious George" soundtrack? Love it! The kids and I blare it and dance in the living room. I don't know his other stuff, but if it's anything like this, I'm a new fan!
ReplyDeleteOh, I've heard it, Love it! Love anything Jack Johnson!
ReplyDelete