We feel pretty blessed to have such great friends and neighbors who live right next door. Tami and I served in YW's together and Awesome and Tia play together. Along with all the other fun things we do and have in common together it's this combination that made the project below become a reality. One day Tami and I were at Costco and we saw something amazing. We knew we just had to get it but didn't quite know where we'd get the money or where we'd put it. Finally, after talking with our spouse's we came up with a plan and the demolition began. Tami and I were more excited about this then the kids were but they love it now!
This is our back yard. To the left is the Sorenson's property. They needed to get rid of the weeds and top soil and we needed to get rid of the bushes, tree and cinderblock wall to make our plan work.
So in came a front loader. That's right. The big guns were being pulled out. Nothing was stopping us from making our children's dream come true. Or ours, for that matter.
Now came the time to tear the wall down. Scott worked his butt off trying to get that sucker down. I helped a little.
After a lot of time, sweat, tears, maybe some swear words, and a lot more money then we ever thought, we finally have the playset the Tami and I were just dreaming about back in April. It was totally worth it though and the kids really do love it. Us grown-up can even have some fun on it. Just last night Awesome, King H and I sat in it while it rained. Love those moments!
I have to include these pics. Just getting ready for one of our evening strolls. The boys were both in great moods. Next post, Summer of fun part 2: The Camping trip!










Those are some LUCKY kids! :)
ReplyDeleteFun!! The boys will enjoy that swing set for YEARS to come. Great investment! Your little ones are so handsome! King H looks like you!
ReplyDelete