Can you love an adopted child as much as your own flesh and blood? This was a question I never thought I would ever have to think about. One I never thought I would have to answer.
* * * * * * * *
I never imagined it ever being hard for me to start a family. You do all the right things, or at least you try to, you get married to a wonderful man, and then you start having a family. That's just how it's supposed to be, right? Then, after years of no answers and heartache you decide to venture into the world of adoption. A place you and those you know have never been before. You wait, and you cry, and you pray that a birth mom will contact you.
* * * * * * * *
I can't believe it's been five months. Five months our son has been on this earth and with us in our family. What was my life like before? I can't even imagine what my life would be without him. I look back on our time in Illinois and it is now one of my most precious memories. I look into the eyes of my son and a flood of emotion starts welling up inside. I have never loved anyone this way before. I would do anything for him and no one will ever love him more then I do. Words will never begin to describe. I look back on all my heartache and trials and realize I was being prepared for this profound joy!
So the answer is a resounding YES!!! This beautiful spirit I have the privilege to take care of is without a doubt my child. He may have come to us in a unique way. In a way I never dreamt, yet, in a way I would never change!
* * * * * * * *
I never imagined it ever being hard for me to start a family. You do all the right things, or at least you try to, you get married to a wonderful man, and then you start having a family. That's just how it's supposed to be, right? Then, after years of no answers and heartache you decide to venture into the world of adoption. A place you and those you know have never been before. You wait, and you cry, and you pray that a birth mom will contact you.
* * * * * * * *
I can't believe it's been five months. Five months our son has been on this earth and with us in our family. What was my life like before? I can't even imagine what my life would be without him. I look back on our time in Illinois and it is now one of my most precious memories. I look into the eyes of my son and a flood of emotion starts welling up inside. I have never loved anyone this way before. I would do anything for him and no one will ever love him more then I do. Words will never begin to describe. I look back on all my heartache and trials and realize I was being prepared for this profound joy!
So the answer is a resounding YES!!! This beautiful spirit I have the privilege to take care of is without a doubt my child. He may have come to us in a unique way. In a way I never dreamt, yet, in a way I would never change!
****************
Then
and now
Pure Joy!!!

Oh, he is so darling!!! We love you little man, and you too Shawna! We are so grateful this choice boy is yours forever.
ReplyDeleteI love you shawna :). And I love Kallen. He's so stinkin cute! I can't handle it! I'm thankful for your example. And I'm thankful that Kallen is yours.
ReplyDeleteShawna!! I love the spikes, and I love you, and your family. Thank you for making me cry. It really is an emotional journey, being a momma. And you are clearly doing a magnificent job at it.
ReplyDeleteLove your posts...and of course he is your son, he looks just like Scott...:)You make a wonderful mother!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little boy and how lucky he is to have you and Scott as his parents! I am so glad that things are going so well.
ReplyDeletelove his HAIR!!!!=}
ReplyDeleteoh we're still so thrilled for you! i love his hair. sooo cute!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad we got to see you guys recently...the visits need to be more frequent though- because your little man is GROWING so FAST. I can't believe it's been 5 months! He really is adorable Shawna!!! Just adorable. And you are such a WONDERFUL mother!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou gave him the perfect haircut! Oh, and my kids look great too! Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteHe is so stinkin' cute! You are very lucky, for sure!
ReplyDeleteHe is getting so big and handsome! I'm so glad he gets you for a mom!
ReplyDeleteAdopted moms definitely have it going on! If I was any more loved by my "A" mom, I'd be dead.
ReplyDelete