Monday, February 09, 2009

Becoming a Mother...



has been a dream come true. It's amazing to think that six weeks have already gone by. It seems like a distant memory as I think of us in Illinois complaining because we couldn't come home quite yet. It seems like Christmas was a million years ago and it has always seemed like Kallen has been my flesh and blood. There are times I have forgotten that I didn't deliver him and I look for physical characteristics he might have from his father and then I take a step back and realize what a wonderful journey adoption has been for us. I can honestly say that your trials are but for a small moment! It has taken us eight years to be to this point and honestly I can't believe I'm here. But I am, it's what I prayed for, it's what I was blessed with.
I look at my sweet newborn son and marvel at our Heavenly Father's wondrous plan. To take in a baby with whom I never had nine months to get to know or deliver but LOVE with my whole being and more is a blessing beyond what I could have ever hoped for. Kallen truly is a breath of Heaven and I am so thankful my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with His precious child!
"For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him."
1 Sam 1:27

18 comments:

  1. It goes by so fast. You are beautiful. Motherhood is good on you. I love that picture of you and Kallen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture. You look "glowing"! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous picture! I absolutely love it (and both of you! Can't wait to meet you Kallen!). Again, congratulations- Kallen is a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the picture of you! You do look like a glowing mommy, he is so precious and I bet you are just having the time of your life.. It sure does go fast so enjoy and take in every minute of it! Congrats again, it will be really fun to watch him grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picture. When we do what Heavenly Father asks of us man we are truly blessed and He DOES answer our prayers. You are a prime example of this. congratulations he is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knowing both sides of adopting a baby and having my own, I can honestly tell you that the bonding is quite the same. Whether your blood or not he is yours and will be yours forver here in about 4 or 5 months. I imagine you will be sealing him to you guys as soon as he is 6 months old as we did with Isabella?!

    That picture of you and Kallen is so beautiful. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kallen is so dang cute! He's getting so big already (I'm afraid the clothes I sent him may not fit!). I can't wait to hold him for myself. I LOVE CHUNKY BABIES!!! What a beautiful picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawna!! That picture is so BEAUTIFUL! Your son is so handsome and growing so fast! Treasure the moments....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture is so beautiful and so touching. I've learned that the things we work the hardest for and sacrifice the most for, are the things we appreciate the most. I can see why you feel that way about being a mom. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a natural Mother! This picture is beautiful. I feel bad we haven't been over to see you guys. We did have the flu going around for a few days......no more excuses though. I need to come and see this handsome babe:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous picture - Scott has been truly prepared to document your son's life! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:26 AM

    That picture is adorable! Congrats again!

    -Rachel Lovato

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:11 PM

    You look so in Heaven!! there's nothing like haven little angel in your arms.
    I love you girl! Congratulations, I am so happy for you three!!
    Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that picture!! I want to see more! I am so glad you posted something, I have been thinking about you then i looked and ugh..how did i miss this post a week ago! I am sooo happy for you. Cant wait to read all about your daily adventures with your handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Hey Shawna. So I googled you. And I found a blog with a link to your blog. I feel like a stocker. But I am so happy for you. I have thought of you often over the years and prayed that you would be able to have a family. I knew you would be an awesome mother. I can't even say how happy I was to see this. Kallen is absolutely beautiful. What a precious gift you are both are to each other. Anyway, I just love you and I am so happy for you. It has been so long since I saw you, I can tell you are doing well. I hope your family is well, too. Tell Scott I said "Hi" if he remembers who I am. Call me if you ever have a free moment (302-1304). I'm also on facebook, as were you at one time, cause I requested you as a friend about 6 months ago. So if you ever revisit facebook, accept my friend request :) Enjoy your beautiful new baby! You make such a cute family! - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay that should be stalker. I should preview before I post. And take an "are" out of the sentence that has an extra one. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy for you guys! I'm a stalker also! I found you through Tyra :) What a beautiful baby, he couldn't have found better parents!
    Kay Bateman Pettit

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys are so awesome. Little K is one lucky guy to get ya'll as parents.
    WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!
    Love,
    Charie' and Wayne

    ReplyDelete