Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Appreciated

The other night, before bed, we were sitting down to some homemade bread and some hot chocolate. I pulled out a tub of butter for Scott to use on his toast. When he opened it up, it was empty. He looked up at me and said, “Babe, when you go to the store again will you make sure to get some more ….” Before he was able to finish his sentence I whipped out a new tub of butter and handed it to him. “Wow”, he said, “You just keep this house running don’t you!” That little comment was like giving me a huge high five. Then, last night we were folding some bedding together. As Scott went for the fitted sheet he immediately realized that he really didn’t want to fold it. (No one wants to fold a fitted sheet) In about 30 seconds I had the fitted sheet folded. I looked up from what I was doing when I heard Scott say, “That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.”
Again, another Thank you slapped me across the face. Scott has always been good at complimenting my homemaking skills but there are times when they still come as a shock to him. While sometimes his compliments still come as a shock to me, it’s nice. It’s nice to be appreciated and to know my efforts don’t go unnoticed in our home!

15 comments:

  1. Why DO fitted sheets suck so much? hahahaha

    It is nice to be appreciated. I need to appreciate Paul more. He is a superhero.

    Oh and Shawna... I totally appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my husband could take a class from your husband about: kindness, helping with the housework, planning romantic getaways, making sure he celebrates my birthday, and everything else your husband gets that would just be great!! Isn't it nice to feel appreciated for everything we do!! Geez..how would that be!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawna -
    You and Scott are so good together - those who make it to marriage through High school and a mission usually do - (you guys were a great example for Corinne and Adrian) I'm so glad he appreciates you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to appreciate!! You are an amazing wife for him. Don't you just love doing those things for your husband? I love you shawna poo:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another one of those instances when I see myself in Snott, er, "Scott" (sorry, force of habit). I react similarly every time. I think we were SUPPOSED to have been twins. He and I are alike in so many things. Among them is the fact that we both were lucky enough to marry amazing women who seem to work magic right before our eyes. Now you see it, now it's... FOLDED! Look closely...no butter, right? PRESTO!! New butter!! What? We're out of shampoo? No problem... Shazam!! A brand new bottle!! How'd she DO that??? I'm amazed every time. It's easy to appreciate such masterful skill. Expressing appreciation is the skill I'm still working on. Good job Snott.

    Folding fitted sheets...pssshhh... it's like origami, for Pete's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:30 AM

    Whats all this fuss about fitted sheets getting folded here! Did we miss the whole part about HOME MADE bread!! How many wives nowadays can say they make home made bread! Thats the best part, Scott should feel even luckier!! The beautiful butter, and sheet folding skillz are merely icing on the cake, when Scott gets Home Made bread!!! My Husband would love it if I made him bread!! You rock Shawna!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Scott and Shawna! It is Rachel Lovato from High School! My sister-in-law gave me your blog address, I guess my brother-in-law, Dave works with you! I am addicted to blogging and reading everyone else's blogs! Maybe now we can keep in touch. I hope that all is well! Check out my blog at lovato-lovato.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what a good hubby! that's awesome! will you teach me how to fold a sheet in 30 seconds? I hate those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you need to give ME some lessons :) I suck at the homemaking stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it great to still be able to wow your spouse after so many years? I agree with Scott. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it great to still be able to wow your spouse after so many years? I agree with Scott. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You rock girl! It's nice to know your hubby is so good to you after a 'few' years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet! It is so nice to be appreciated. Brett always makes a big deal out of how fast I do the dishes. He takes FOREVER to do them, so it doesn't take much to impress him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just classic scott and shawna right there! Good to the core to each other.... and to everyone else for that matter!! By the way- I don't even bother with the fitted sheet. I just sort of "roll it up". You have me impressed! Scott really SHOULD appreciate that you have that skill!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU TWO DESERVE EACH OTHER!!

    ReplyDelete