Thursday, May 29, 2008

Midnight Drama

In all the 9 years Scott and I have been married he has occasionally entertained me at night. Not the kind of entertainment you automatically assume I’m talking about, no, the kind that wakes you up suddenly from a deep sleep only to find that your husband is re-creating the game he was playing the night before on the XBOX. (What's funny is he doesn't play that often) There are several occasions in the past that I can bring to mind clear as day. These occurrences happen often and most of the time I have to talk him out of his dream. It makes me laugh right out loud.

Last night was one of these very entertaining moments!

Let me set up the scene: It’s about 3:45 am. I wake up to Scott Yelling quite loud and sudden.

“SAM, SAM (our dog)…..get the h@#* out of the bed!....."GET DOWN”….. (Like a Panther, Scott suddenly flings himself violently to the side of the bed and lays low)


"SH*&!!"

“Men, get back and throw the Sparklers! NOW….. Do it NOW……"

"SH!*!!”

Now this is the point where I realize what’s going on. First of all, Scott never says the word SH@* and he never calls out to any “men” on a regular basis. He’s having another recon dream. I quietly lean over and wait for the drama to continue.

“SH*&! If you don’t throw those sparklers now they’re going to kill us. THROW THEM, THROW THEM! …..How can you call yourself a SOLIDER! You’re nothing but a WORTHLESS PIECE OF..”

And this is where I finally have to wake him up.

“Scott, Scott, are you ok?” (I mean come on, he's just moved like a Panther to duck and cover and he's swearing like a sailor)

“Are you awake?”

******SILENCE******

(Then in a soft and muffled voice) “I’m so embarrassed.” then he slowly gets up off the floor.

“Go back to sleep babe. I don't want anyone to kill you and watch out for those sparklers they might really do some damage!” (Now I’m laughing)

“Well, since I’m up I might as well go to the bathroom.”

And that’s it. That's the end of our midnight drama! Scott makes his way slowly to the bathroom and I lay awake for a couple minutes my heart finally slows down and I fall back to sleep.

19 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! Can I just tell you that I needed that laugh. Freaking Hilarious...... I cant stop laughing..too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SHOCKED, Pres. Harmon..ha ha:)
    Jon sometimes talks in his sleep too, it drives me crazy:)
    Gotta love our bed buddies!! Good entertainment, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck that is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just laughed out loud, that is so funny. I have a tendancy to yell profanities in my sleep too. After Drew was born I always used to wake up yelling sh** sh**, thinking Drew was in bed with and falling off, or I couldn't find him. When actually he was always safe asleep in his crib. I have also many times thought that there are bugs on my wall (millions of them) and I jump up yelling sh** trying to get the off.
    Sleepy times are so fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I'm sure he is even more embarrassed now that we are all reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! That's too funny. Thanks for the laugh Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost just peed in my PANTS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS "I mean, i knew he was funny because, he's that way, but his DRAMATICAL work..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe he does that! Maybe I should play more so I can have some intense army dreams like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yowzers! I never would have thought...well, maybe.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it for a while. Now, if you'd had a video recording of it....THAT would have been awesome. You could have just beeped it out like in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I was laughing out loud! Maybe we better let Scott borrow some of our Nintendo games like Animal Genious, or Cats and Dogs- a little more mellow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say that is THEEE FUNNIEST thing I have read in quite some time!!!! HILARIOUS! Thanks for the laugh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in TEARS right now laughing. Jake has done that a few times.... Halo is a viscious game let me tell you! Seriously, the night he plays X box, set up your video camera... that dream can be worth $10,000!! hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha!! I love you guys. I think next time, you should get down on the floor, duck for cover and play along!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is too funny! Sorry to laugh Scott, but...I am laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:14 AM

    Oh, my gosh, Scott! Now I know where Brian gets it! You are hysterical. But, I've got news for you....it only gets worse as you get older...it just takes you longer to recover from your fall off the bed! Al does the same thing when he stays up late and plays war games....once he even punched me in the face in his sleep...thats right, I said punched! Catcher's masks are a handy thing to keep around on nights such as those, Shawna. Thanks for giving me a great GAWFAW this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's such a crack up! If only we could all be there to witness it for ourselves. Now when Ty catches me laughing in my sleep, he can at least be thankful that I'm not cussing up a storm or preparing myself for battle. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can't believe a word of what Dorothy said. If the truth were known, I was simply defending myself after she vigorously attacked me with a M16 and rocket launcher. A man has to defend himself! Scott buddy, I am proud of you. The next time you find yourself in that situation , you'll have figured out how to resolve the problem with the sparklers. I prefer the cherry bombs and the m-80's to sparklers but everyone has their preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  19. THAT IS HILARIOUS! Stories like these make me love Scott even more! Thanks for telling it- and thanks for not waking him up before some of the action got under way :).

    ReplyDelete